Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mr.Softee brings the chills...

Its always an awesome feeling when Mr.Softee comes around, no? The feeling that summer is underway, warm weather, walks in the parks, kids running around, good times ahead...
Well today, my encounter with Mr.Softee wasn't so sweet, more bitter sweet than anything else. You see, I've been doing okay so far, but darn it, it seems like everything around me reminds me of my past, yes, even a damn ice cream truck. Which really shouldn't be an issue, but I just hold on to the good memories, and getting my vanilla cone with colored sprinkles was always an adventure, from midtown to Harlem, it was always a good time.
Needless to say, I said "Eff Mr.Softee, and walked right past, just like I'm walking past my own past...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? Any dude that has some sense will buy you an ice cream cone! WTF is wrong with you? He wasnt/isnt the only one. Hes not even deserving of all the credit you give him. Let him stay with what he knows. Birds of a feather flock together!!!